Wednesday, September 3, 2008



Hi I'm Carie. I have been one of the nurses who have been privileged to go on these medical trips to Africa. I have gone twice now and am looking forward to the trip again this winter. The group that goes is made up of 3 doctors, 2 scrub techs and a bunch of crazy, fun nurses. We volunteer our time and skills to perform OB/GYN surgeries that greatly affect the African women's lives. Without the surgeries that we do these women are looked down upon in their communities. Some conditions would have been life threatening had we not been there to help. I have had the privilege to help bring new little lives into this world while in Africa as well as see the difference we make in the lives of these women when I returned the second time. This trip has truly been a life changing experience for me as well. I've never before had the opportunity to give so much of myself and expect nothing in return as I have in Africa. To be able to give of my time and money and comforts of my home as well and the United States has opened my eyes and heart more to others who are less fortunate than I. I'm excited to return and help more women and to see the wonderful friends I have made in this great country.


No comments: